Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Whole 30 - Taking the Challenge

http://whole30.com/

I kind of started a blog and then promptly stopped almost immediately but I'm going to give it another shot. I really want to document things for the kiddos (I have two not one now....so there's that).

WHOLE30
Whelp - I'm doing it...taking the Whole 30 challenge. I'm lucky enough to have my husband take part in the journey with me. Of course the main goal is to be healthier, not just physically but emotionally and spiritually too. I recently had my second child and I just CANNOT loose the baby weight - I'm breastfeeding and I think that has something to do with it. No I'm not just making excuses - I'm stuck at the exact same weight I was after having my first child - I was stuck until I stopped breastfeeding (literally the exact same number on the scale!!). It's like my body knows I'm doing this other big deal thing (breastfeeding) and holds on to all the weight so I don't break through the plateau until that job is done. I'm hoping to breastfeed a few more months but I want to try to take the extra steps to get some of the weight off. (The goal is to breastfeed until she's a year old).

Insert Whole 30 - here I will give up grains, dairy, & sugar along with processed food. Whole 30 is a straight forward plan that doesn't allow for "cheats" or even stumbles. You have to be 100% committed and I think I need that level of strictness for me to make the changes I want to change.

What is it I want to change?


1.) Change my relationship with food so I am in control!
2.) Loose weight (duh! - it's not a weight loss plan but I'm hoping that is the side benefit)
3.) Give up cravings and my addiction to Diet Soda...aka cancer causing beverage (I LOVE LOVE LOVE Diet Mt. Dew....uh so bad for you but sooo good).
4.) Feel better - physically and mentally (I'm sick of always wearing long sleeves or a vest to cover up so people don't see how I look) - sad I know! I want to be confident and strong for my girls. I think it is so important to have a positive self image for not you yourself but for your little ones. The see and pick up on everything.
5.) I want my kiddos to be healthy - I've always worked hard at this and we are in good shape but we can do better. I want to have more meals at the table.

So there it is  - I want to be happier and healthier so I'm going for it.

I'll post before and after pictures at the end of the journey.

Cheers! (that better be with water, coffee or tea - no booze peeps!)

No comments:

Post a Comment