Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Whole 30 Day 2

It's Tuesday January 6th

Today I'm struggling with cravings. I just want to eat - just because. Uh! Annoying.

Breakfast: Two runny eggs with hot sauce, tomatoes and avocado on a bed of spring greens (you'll see me eat this a LOT). I need to ditch the hot sauce - my acid reflux totally can't handle it.


Around 10 I really really wanted to eat something...I didn't though (small victory).

Lunch: Leftover brussels sprouts with slivered almonds, asparagus, roasted chicken, cranberries with a balsamic glaze over a bed of arugula & a few blackberries. I needed to put more chicken on it today because yesterday it didn't fill me up enough. I brought some tuna to work just in case.


Dinner: Spaghetti squash with homemade tomato sauce (sauteed tomatoes and onions with two cans crush tomatoes - dried oregano and basil I grew and dried, garlic powder and salt and pepper) with ground turkey. YUM - this is a satisfying meal. I highly recommend. I didn't take a plated photo so here are two from the leftovers. I kept them separate so I could use the sauce for other purposes.

  Caffeine: I drank black coffee at 10 - my insides are burning. I seriously cannot drink this stuff. 

Exercise: 2.3 miles on the treadmill. I did a steep incline to burn more calories.

Pre-workout protein: Two eggs. I was literally starving. I didn't eat enough throughout the day. I have to remember I'm breastfeeding and that can burn anywhere from 300-600 calories so I need to have one snack during the day. This is a learning curve for sure. I'm hoping by the end I have a better handle on it.

How I felt:
I feel like a food addict today - I am wanting to eat for no reason. It's taking a lot of self control to make it hour to hour without making a mistake. I am most excited that I can get over this by the end of the program. Food should be something to savor and enjoy, not to crave and yet dread. I gotta get out of my head!



No comments:

Post a Comment